Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rainbows


Saturday’s rainbow has to have been the most beautiful rainbow ever in the entire world. It was a double rainbow. One of them was very intense in brightness and you could see the entire rainbow, end to end. Driving home, at one point it looked like it ended on top of our house but upon further investigation, it appears to have ended a few blocks from our home. People were stopped on the road, in fields, anywhere they happened to be, watching in amazement at it. This was the most spectacular rainbow we have ever seen.

Ray walked around our neighborhood taking pictures and this picture is the end of the rainbow. The mountain in the back is the mountain we climbed to pray. Ok, so we didn’t climb all the way up the mountain because we live about ½ way up but we climbed from there. We take this rainbow as a sign of God’s glory and his promise to us. We read in His word about the rainbow, “And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Gen 9:12-16 (NIV). We’ve had some clouds in the recent past but we believe this rainbow was a sign to us of His faithfulness.


See you in about a week. We leave here next Wednesday, March 11 and arrive in the US on March 12. We'll be there until April 27. We hope to see you then!

No comments:

This blog was created by Frank Barrett for Ray & Alice Smith.