Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sunday, Nov 2, 2008 - Oreos!!!

I found Oreos!!!!

Well, now I am happy. At the store the other day, I found some Oreos. I thought I had seen them in the past but when I actually went to look for them, they were nowhere to be found so I thought I had imagined seeing them. Then, the other day I found not only regular chocolate Oreos but vanilla Oreos,so I purchased both.

Oh, how things are different here. There were four cookies in four individual packages inside each box, with 2 boxes attached together. The chocolate Oreos taste like Oreos, if you close your eyes. They have a very thin wafer cookie and almost an invisible amount of cream filling - no double stuff here. Ray said the Oreos I purchased for him did not taste the same then we remembered that the Oreos in the US are Golden Oreos and these are vanilla Oreos. Quite a bit of difference, he says. Each package of two Oreos cost K936.00 which amount to $6.79 for a total of $13.58 for 32 chocolate and 32 vanilla Oreos. How many Oreos could that buy in the US? Guess we won’t be purchasing them too often.

So, the next time someone comes this way, a bag of Golden Oreos and one of Double Stuff Oreos would be wonderful!!!

We’ll blog on something more worthwhile later – we are really tired from the wedding yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you teach the orphans how to twist and then lick? Hope all is well. How is Jamie doing? I bet is so good to have her there. God bless guys!

This blog was created by Frank Barrett for Ray & Alice Smith.